MORRISVILLE, N.Y. – The Morrisville State men's basketball team extended their win streak to 10 games Sunday afternoon as they topped visiting Alfred State College by a 79-66 non-league final on the Mustangs home court in Morrisville.
- Final Score: Morrisville 79, Alfred State 66 (halftime: Morrisville 34-28)
- Location: Morrisville, N.Y.
- Records: Morrisville 15-3, Alfred State 9-9
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW:
- Morrisville State got off to a slow and sloppy start in the Sunday afternoon contest, turning the ball over 10 times in the opening half and allowing the Saxons to take advantage of points in the paint, outscoring the Mustangs 12-8.
- The hosts held a six point advantage heading into the half, and used the inside-outside combination of Tyrin Miller (White Plains, N.Y.) and Kevin Dennis (Bronx, N.Y.) to get the ball rolling in the second, extending their lead to double digits, and as many as 16 late in the contest for the win.
- Dennis led the Mustangs with 19 points and 19 boards, collecting eight on the offensive glass, while Miller hit four from beyond the arc to collect 18 points, while posting two steals and four rebounds.
- Lamel Faison (Brooklyn, N.Y.) added 14 points, eight rebounds and five assists, while teammate the Mustangs got an additional 17 points, eight rebounds, from Brison Hall (Syracuse, N.Y.) off the bench.
- Morrisville State made their way to the free throw line 22 times, hitting 19, while collecting a total 10 three's. They also held the 47-37 advantage in play off the glass.
- Morrisville State will look to keep its win streak going Wednesday as they hit the court against longtime competitor and rival SUNY Cobleskill. Tip-off is scheduled for 7 p.m. on the Mustang's home court.
Morrisville State College's curricula are enriched with applied learning and pave the way for opportunity at both the Morrisville and Norwich campuses. An action-oriented, interactive learning lab, the college is a national leader in technology and has been lauded for its exemplary, innovative and effective community service programs.
The college was ranked among the Best Regional Colleges in the North by U.S. News & World Report Best Colleges 2018 issue and was also recognized in the Top Public Schools, Regional Colleges North in the 2018 Best Colleges rankings. For more information about Morrisville State College, visit www.morrisville.edu.