NORTH ADAMS, Mass. – The Morrisville State men's soccer team played to a scoreless double overtime draw this afternoon against host MCLA in the opener of the Trailblazer Fall Classic. Both the Mustangs and the Trailblazers of MCLA are still in search of their first win of the season.
- Final Score: Morrisville 0, MCLA 0
- Location: Ron Shewcraft Field – North Adams, MA
- Records: Morrisville (0-1-1), MCLA (0-2-1)
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
- Morrisville controlled the numbers, outshooting MCLA 22-4 over the final 65' of the game. Including the extra time, the Mustangs led the Trailblazers in shots on goal, 27 to 12 on the afternoon.
- The Mustangs had their fair share of opportunities; freshman forward, Toyi Hakizimana (Rochester, NY) nailed the crossbar in the 92' of play. Later in OT, freshman forward, Teo Chavez (Bronx, NY) nearly missed the goal wide on a cross across the box.
- Sophomore goalkeeper, Cody Welkley (North Rose, NY) finished the game with five saves.
The Mustangs are back in action tomorrow as they take on Union College at 12:00pm in day two of the CIAO Classic, hosted by MCLA.
Morrisville State College's curricula are enriched with applied learning and pave the way for opportunity at both the Morrisville and Norwich campuses. An action-oriented, interactive learning lab, the college is a national leader in technology and has been lauded for its exemplary, innovative and effective community service programs.
The college was ranked among the Best Regional Colleges in the North by U.S. News & World Report Best Colleges 2018 issue and was also recognized in the Top Public Schools, Regional Colleges North in the 2018 Best Colleges rankings. For more information about Morrisville State College, visit www.morrisville.edu.