MORRISVILLE, N.Y. – Four first-half goals for Buffalo State proved to be too much for the Mustangs, as the Bengals powered past Morrisville State 5-0 this afternoon on Drake Field. Junior, Tyler Gaines (Hoosick Falls, NY) came in to mind the net in the second half of play, allowing only one goal in 45' of action.
- Final Score: Buffalo State 5, Morrisville 0
- Location: Drake Field – Morrisville, NY
- Records: Morrisville (1-2-1), Buffalo State (4-0-0)
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
- Buffalo State had several early two-on-one opportunities in the first half, but the Mustang defense remained resilient, as the Bengals were flagged for three offside penalties in the first 7' of play.
- In the 29' of the second half, freshman forward, Toyi Hakizmana (Rochester, NY) had his best break on the afternoon but was denied when Bengal goalkeeper, Andreas Queen, made a diving save just outside the penalty box.
- Gaines, ordinarily a field player for the Mustangs, made his debut in goal allowing just one goal and recording two saves in the second half.
- Buffalo State, now 4-0 on the season, has tied their program's best start to a season in more than 30 years.
Men's soccer returns to Drake Field this Saturday, hosting Keuka College in the North Eastern Athletic Conference (NEAC) opener at 3 p.m.
Morrisville State College's curricula are enriched with applied learning and pave the way for opportunity at both the Morrisville and Norwich campuses. An action-oriented, interactive learning lab, the college is a national leader in technology and has been lauded for its exemplary, innovative and effective community service programs.
The college was ranked among the Best Regional Colleges in the North by U.S. News & World Report Best Colleges 2018 issue and was also recognized in the Top Public Schools, Regional Colleges North in the 2018 Best Colleges rankings. For more information about Morrisville State College, visit www.morrisville.edu.