MORRISVILLE, N.Y. – Visiting Penn State Berks posted the go ahead tally on a back door cut Sunday afternoon with three seconds remaining on the clock to collect a thrilling 69-67 North Eastern Athletic Conference (NEAC) win over host Morrisville State on the Mustangs home court in Morrisville.
- Final Score: PS – Berks 69, Morrisville State 67 (halftime: Berks 39-38)
- Location: Morrisville, N.Y.
- Records: Berks 7-13, 5-9 NEAC; Morrisville 7-16, 6-8 NEAC
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW:
- Both teams were locked at 67 apiece until a back door cut by visiting Penn St. Berks gave the Nittany Lions a two point edge with seconds remaining in conference action Sunday.
- A trio of Mustangs collected double figures, including junior Tori Rockefeller (South Kortright, N.Y.) who netted a team high 21.
- Senior Charlotte Walker (Middle Island, N.Y.) was honored prior to the start of the contest, and chipped in 19 points in the effort, adding six rebounds and a team best seven assists.
- Miranda Wright (Smyrna, N.Y.) added 12, with fellow sophomore A-Laya Wright (Henrietta, N.Y.) collecting a team best 12 rebounds in the Mustang loss.
- Berks held the advantage in the paint over the Mustangs with their size, outgaining the hosts 56-34 in rebounds, including a 18-6 effort on the offensive glass.
- Morrisville State enters the final week of the regular season, traveling to Route 20 Rival Cazenovia on Wednesday. Tip off is scheduled for 6 p.m. in Cazenovia.
Morrisville State College's curricula are enriched with applied learning and pave the way for opportunity at both the Morrisville and Norwich campuses. An action-oriented, interactive learning lab, the college is a national leader in technology and has been lauded for its exemplary, innovative and effective community service programs.
The college was ranked among the Best Regional Colleges in the North by U.S. News & World Report Best Colleges 2018 issue and was also recognized in the Top Public Schools, Regional Colleges North in the 2018 Best Colleges rankings. For more information about Morrisville State College, visit www.morrisville.edu.