CAZENOVIA, N.Y. – Morrisville State volleyball remained undefeated in North Eastern Athletic Conference (NEAC) action Saturday as they posted a dominating victory over Penn College behind an explosive offensive game, claiming the match win 3-0 on the court at Cazenovia.
- Final Score: Morrisville St. 3, Penn College 0 (25-3, 25-7, 25-8)
- Location: Cazenovia College, Cazenovia, N.Y.
- Records: Morrisville St. 10-3, 4-0 NEAC; Penn College 0-7, 0-2 NEAC
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW:
- Morrisville State posted a collective .519 hitting percentage behind 32 kills Saturday, including a .667 effort in the third and final set with 13 throw downs.
- Megyan Merrill (Millport, N.Y.) recorded seven kills, adding two aces and eight digs to her tallies.
- Senior duo Kim Dunkleman (Williamsville, N.Y.) and Helena Hanes (St. Mary's, Pa.) combined for 23 of the team's 24 assists, and eight of the team's 15 service aces.
- Morrisville State allowed a season low three points in the first set, capturing the win 25-3, and combined allowed a season low match total 18 points across three sets.
- The win was the fifth straight for the Mustangs since the 3-0 setback to Babson on Sept. 8.
- Morrisville State returns to the court Wednesday, hosting SUNY Polytechnic at 7 p.m. for a cross town rival match up.
Morrisville State College's curricula are enriched with applied learning and pave the way for opportunity at both the Morrisville and Norwich campuses. An action-oriented, interactive learning lab, the college is a national leader in technology and has been lauded for its exemplary, innovative and effective community service programs.
The college was ranked among the Best Regional Colleges in the North by U.S. News & World Report Best Colleges 2018 issue and was also recognized in the Top Public Schools, Regional Colleges North in the 2018 Best Colleges rankings. For more information about Morrisville State College, visit www.morrisville.edu.