MORRISVILLE, N.Y. – Visiting Union College scored five unanswered goals in the second half Wednesday afternoon as they posted a 6-1 final victory over host Morrisville State field hockey on Drake Field.
- Final score: Union 6, Morrisville State 1 (halftime: tied 1-1)
- Location: Drake Field, Morrisville, N.Y.
- Records: Union (3-0), Morrisville State (1-4)
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW:
- Union was first to strike, netting the goal 8:22 into the contest on a scramble in front of the cage.
- Morrisville State's Brianna Fischetti (Wading River, N.Y.) continued to have the hot stick for the Mustangs, tying the contest at 1 with her tip on the right post off the assist from Haley Evarts (Irondequoit, N.Y.).
- The Mustangs held Union scoreless for the remainder of the opening half, as freshman goalkeeper Morgan Dueber (Owego, N.Y.) posted eight of her game total 20 saves.
- Union broke the tie at the 36:06 mark with a tip from the center of the circle, before rattling off four additional scores over the course of nine minutes to capture the win.
- Morrisville State will take a 10-day break before returning to the field on Saturday, Sept. 22 as they host SUNY Geneseo to open the SUNYAC schedule.
Morrisville State College's curricula are enriched with applied learning and pave the way for opportunity at both the Morrisville and Norwich campuses. An action-oriented, interactive learning lab, the college is a national leader in technology and has been lauded for its exemplary, innovative and effective community service programs.
The college was ranked among the Best Regional Colleges in the North by U.S. News & World Report Best Colleges 2018 issue and was also recognized in the Top Public Schools, Regional Colleges North in the 2018 Best Colleges rankings. For more information about Morrisville State College, visit www.morrisville.edu.