KEUKA PARK, N.Y. – Freshman Grace Hanehan (Saratoga Springs, N.Y.) posted four points to lead the Morrisville State field hockey rally in the second half, but their efforts fell short as Keuka College picked up a 4-3 North Eastern Athletic Conference (NEAC) win on their home turf in Keuka Park.
- Final Score: Keuka 4, Morrisville 3 (halftime: Keuka 2-0)
- Location: Keuka Park, N.Y.
- Records: Keuka 3-7, 1-0 NEAC; Morrisville 1-8, 1-1 NEAC
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW:
- Freshman Grace Hanehan (Saratoga Springs, N.Y.) was involved in all three scoring plays for the Mustangs, assisting the first two tallies before adding one of her own late in the contest from the top of the circle.
- Morgan Dueber (Owego, N.Y.) recorded the loss in cage, stopping seven.
- Keuka's Alyssa Orsino recorded the hat trick behind three scores, including the game winner at the 48:44 mark.
- Keuka held the slim 13-11 advantage in shots, and 7-5 lead in penalty corners on the day.
- Morrisville State battled back from a two goal halftime deficit with back-to-back tallies in the opening minutes of the second half. Heather Cummings (Akron, N.Y.) and Brianna Fischetti (Wading River, N.Y.) collected the scores off the center crosses from Hanehan.
- Morrisville State returns to SUNYAC action Friday on the road at Brockport. Game time is scheduled for 4 p.m.
Morrisville State College's curricula are enriched with applied learning and pave the way for opportunity at both the Morrisville and Norwich campuses. An action-oriented, interactive learning lab, the college is a national leader in technology and has been lauded for its exemplary, innovative and effective community service programs.
The college was ranked among the Best Regional Colleges in the North by U.S. News & World Report Best Colleges 2018 issue and was also recognized in the Top Public Schools, Regional Colleges North in the 2018 Best Colleges rankings. For more information about Morrisville State College, visit www.morrisville.edu.