BROCKPORT, N.Y. – Host SUNY Brockport posted three first half scores and added another early in the second to top visiting Morrisville State field hockey by a 4-2 State University of New York Athletic Conference (SUNYAC) final Friday evening in Brockport.
- Final Score: Brockport 4, Morrisville St. 2 (halftime: Brockport 3-0)
- Location: Brockport, N.Y.
- Records: Brockport 4-7, 1-2 SUNYAC; Morrisville St. 1-9, 0-4 SUNYAC
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW:
- Katie Ziemba posted two of four Brockport goals to lead the hosts to the win.
- Morrisville State's Grace Hanehan (Saratoga, N.Y.) collected a score for the second straight game, on a rifle from the top of the circle in an effort to rally the Mustangs.
- Lacy Westcott (Morrisville, N.Y.) scored her first collegiate tally in the 51st minute, assisted by Maddie Mayer (Irondequoit, N.Y.) who also collected her first collegiate point.
- Morgan Dueber (Owego, N.Y.) registered 12 stops in the loss in cage, six in each half of action.
- Brockport edged the Mustangs in shots 17-13, and in penalty corners 8-6.
- Morrisville State will return to the field next Friday, October 12, hosting SUNY Cortland in a 4 p.m. match on Drake Field in Morrisville.
Morrisville State College's curricula are enriched with applied learning and pave the way for opportunity at both the Morrisville and Norwich campuses. An action-oriented, interactive learning lab, the college is a national leader in technology and has been lauded for its exemplary, innovative and effective community service programs.
The college was ranked among the Best Regional Colleges in the North by U.S. News & World Report Best Colleges 2018 issue and was also recognized in the Top Public Schools, Regional Colleges North in the 2018 Best Colleges rankings. For more information about Morrisville State College, visit www.morrisville.edu.