MORRISVILLE, N.Y. – The Morrisville State field hockey team fell in non-league action Friday afternoon as they were held scoreless while visiting Hartwick College rattled off three scores in each half of action for the 6-0 victory on Drake Field in Morrisville.
- Final score: Hartwick 6, Morrisville St. 0 (halftime: Hartwick 3-0)
- Location: Drake Field, Morrisville, N.Y.
- Records: Hartwick 11-4, Morrisville St. 1-13
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW:
- Hartwick posted three scores in the first half of action, including one of two game total goals off penalty corners.
- Tegan Robinson led the Hawks with a goal and an assist, both collected within four minutes of one another in the second half.
- Hartwick held the 26-11 advance in shots on the day, with Morrisville State freshman keeper Morgan Dueber (Owego, N.Y.) posting 16 stops in the defensive efforts for the hosts.
- Sophomore Emilee Thibeau (Salem, N.Y.) recorded her third defensive save of the season, preventing a Hartwick score in the second half.
- Morrisville State wraps up North Eastern Athletic Conference (NEAC) action tomorrow against Wells College at 5 p.m. on their home turf. Prior to the contest, the Mustangs will honor its senior class.
Morrisville State College's curricula are enriched with applied learning and pave the way for opportunity at both the Morrisville and Norwich campuses. An action-oriented, interactive learning lab, the college is a national leader in technology and has been lauded for its exemplary, innovative and effective community service programs.
The college was ranked among the Best Regional Colleges in the North by U.S. News & World Report Best Colleges 2018 issue and was also recognized in the Top Public Schools, Regional Colleges North in the 2018 Best Colleges rankings. For more information about Morrisville State College, visit www.morrisville.edu.