MORRISVILLE, N.Y. – The Mustangs fell 3-2 in their State University of New York Athletic Conference (SUNYAC) finale on Saturday afternoon.
- Final Score:
- Fredonia 3, Morrisville 2
- Location: Morrisville, N.Y.
- Morrisville (4-19-2, 2-13-1 SUNYAC), Fredonia (14-7-4, 8-6-2 SUNYAC)
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
- Fredonia scored two goals in a matter of three minutes in the first part of the first period to jump out to a 2-0 lead.
- The contest would remain that way for the remainder of the first and throughout the second.
- The Mustangs were able to cut the lead in half, taking advantage of a power play opportunity at the 3:20 mark in the third. Jesse Anderson (Wasaga Beach, Ont.) picked up the goal, while Nick DeVito (Averill Park, N.Y.) assisted on the play.
- Just under two minutes later, the Blue Devils extended their lead to 3-1.
- However, Morrisville would make the final two minutes of play exciting as Darius Radziszewski (Bayville, N.J.) notched his first goal of his career to bring the Mustangs within one at the 18:21 mark.
- The Mustangs would pull their goalie in favor of the extra skater with 27 seconds left in the contest, but time expired on the comeback attempt.
- Morrisville honored the careers of Jimmy Philbin (Chicago, Ill.), Bradley Hefner (Billings, Mont.), Ian Wood (Pittsburgh, Pa.), and CJ Stubbs (Pleasant Grove, Utah) in a post-game ceremony.
The Mustangs closed out their season with a 4-19-2 overall record and a 2-13-1 record in SUNYAC play.
Morrisville State College's curricula are enriched with applied learning and pave the way for opportunity at both the Morrisville and Norwich campuses. An action-oriented, interactive learning lab, the college is a national leader in technology and has been lauded for its exemplary, innovative and effective community service programs.
The college was ranked among the Best Regional Colleges in the North by U.S. News & World Report Best Colleges 2018 issue and was also recognized in the Top Public Schools, Regional Colleges North in the 2018 Best Colleges rankings. For more information about Morrisville State College, visit www.morrisville.edu.