MORRISVILLE, N.Y. – The Morrisville State men's lacrosse team continues to look for their first win of the 2019 season after falling 17-4 to visiting SUNY Geneseo Monday afternoon on Drake Field in Morrisville.
- Final Score: Geneseo 17, Morrisville State 4
- Location: Drake Field, Morrisville, N.Y.
- Records: Geneseo 2-4, Morrisville State 0-4
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW:
- Geneseo notched their first score just a minute into the contest and rattled off three more in the quarter for a 4-1 lead after one.
- The Mustangs lone goal of the first came on an unassisted tally by Chris Dovi (Cortland, N.Y.) who found the back of the net on a short handed opportunity.
- Dovi was the lone Mustang to again notch a tally in the second, while Geneseo posted five more goals, to claim a 9-2 advantage at the half.
- The Knights continued their offensive game in the third with five total goals, including four straight, to claim a commanding 14-3 lead after three. Morrisville State's Joseph Rosaschi (Syracuse, N.Y.) posted the lone tally for the Mustangs.
- Dovi collected his hat trick late in the final quarter off the dish from Nick Geswaldo (Lafayette, N.Y.), but it wasn't enough as Geneseo went on to add three more to their lead en route to the 17-4 non-conference win.
- Niko Cejic (Johnson City, N.Y.) recorded 22 stops in the loss, 17 in the second half of play.
- Morrisville State will travel to SUNY Potsdam on Saturday for a non-conference match with the Bears.
Morrisville State College's curricula are enriched with applied learning and pave the way for opportunity at both the Morrisville and Norwich campuses. An action-oriented, interactive learning lab, the college is a national leader in technology and has been lauded for its exemplary, innovative and effective community service programs.
The college was ranked among the Best Regional Colleges in the North by U.S. News & World Report Best Colleges 2018 issue and was also recognized in the Top Public Schools, Regional Colleges North in the 2018 Best Colleges rankings. For more information about Morrisville State College, visit www.morrisville.edu.