POTSDAM, N.Y. – The Morrisville State men's lacrosse team outscored Potsdam 4-1 over a span of 15 minutes Saturday and cut the host lead to one, but the Bears escaped with a 11-8 win as they collected two goals in the final five minutes to secure the win.
- Final Score: Potsdam 11, Morrisville 8
- Location: Potsdam, N.Y.
- Records: Potsdam 2-3, Morrisville 0-5
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW:
- Morrisville State trailed 8-4 at the half before outscoring Potsdam 2-1 in the third quarter to cut the deficit to three, and continued their rally with the first two tallies of the fourth to make it a one goal game, but the hosts escaped with the win after adding two goals down the stretch in the non-conference affair.
- Chris Dovi (Cortland, N.Y.) led the Mustangs with four goals, adding an assist, as three additional teammates each contributed to the efforts.
- Nick Geswaldo (Lafayette, N.Y.) added two scores and assisted another, with Joseph Rosaschi (Syracuse, N.Y.) and Joe Piedigrossi (Cortland, N.Y.) each tallying one. Rosaschi also added an assist while leading the team in ground ball pickups with six.
- Niko Cejic (Johnson City, N.Y.) collected five saves in the loss in net for the Mustangs.
- Morrisville State held the 42-26 advantage in shots, but struggled to find the back of the net as often, as the Potsdam goalkeeping crew combined for 14 stops.
- Morrisville will head to Mount Saint Vincent on Wednesday before returning to Drake Field as they host Scranton University on April 1st.
Morrisville State College's curricula are enriched with applied learning and pave the way for opportunity at both the Morrisville and Norwich campuses. An action-oriented, interactive learning lab, the college is a national leader in technology and has been lauded for its exemplary, innovative and effective community service programs.
The college was ranked among the Best Regional Colleges in the North by U.S. News & World Report Best Colleges 2018 issue and was also recognized in the Top Public Schools, Regional Colleges North in the 2018 Best Colleges rankings. For more information about Morrisville State College, visit www.morrisville.edu.